Have you ever used a pore strip? If so, you probably know they can help cleanse your pores by removing impurities like dirt, oil, and dead skin cells. Pore strips also treat blackheads on your skin. As a result, your pores will be healthier and look smaller.
These magical skincare products are fast and simple so you can quickly add them into your existing routine to help improve your skin inside and out. For a few tips on when to use them, how to add them to your routine, and more about pore strips, read on to get all the essential details!
When To Use Pore Strips for Skincare
Pore strips are great at unclogging pores and clearing blackheads, but they can cause some redness or slight irritation after use. Here are some tips on how to incorporate pore strips into your daily skincare routine as well as when to use them before a big night out.
Pore Strips in a Skincare Routine
When it comes to adding pore strips into your skincare routine, it’s typically best to use them at night instead of in the morning. It’s also important to note that pore strips don’t prevent blackheads or pore buildup all on their own, which is why you have to combine them with your normal skincare routine to make sure your skin is cleansed and moisturized properly so it’s at its healthiest.
Cleanse your skin first using your favorite facial cleanser to get rid of surface dirt and oils. Then, use your pore strips after cleansing so they will be concentrated on the deeper debris that a surface cleanse can’t reach as well as any stubborn blackheads.
Then (if applicable), use your exfoliant and move on to the rest of your nighttime skin routine. You don’t necessarily need to exfoliate on the same day that you use the pore strip since these are both exfoliant products – it’s all dependent on your skin type and issues. Afterward, splash on your toner and don’t forget to moisturize.
Shop Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
Pore Strips Before a Night Out
If you’re planning to use pore strips to clear your face for a big event or a night out, don’t wait until the day of to use them. Include an pore strip in your regimen the night before so that your skin has time to recover. This way, any makeup or sunscreen that you apply the next day won’t irritate the skin where you applied the strip.
What To Do Before Using Pore Strips
Before using a pore strip, whether it’s in your nighttime routine for oily skin or an emergency strip for a special occasion, follow the following preparation steps for the best results.
What To Do After Using Pore Strips
Many pore strips are made with salicylic acid, which is soluble in oil, so it can help push debris out of the pores and remove blackheads. Salicylic acid is a BHA, and materials like glycolic acid, citric acid, and lactic acid are AHAs. After you’ve used a pore strip, your skin may be sensitive. It’s best not to follow up with any other AHAs or BHAs on the night you use the strip.
Instead, try these tips to enhance the results of your pore strip and soothe your skin:
- If you normally use a toner and/or serum (which should be targeted for your skin type), apply them after the pore strip
- Then, moisturize your skin in order to counteract any dryness or sensitivity that can occur after using pore strips
- Dry and sensitive skin may require heavier creams and oils than normal and oily skin
- Even if your skin is oily, you should still make sure you moisturize after you apply pore strips
- Use sunscreen the next day to protect your skin from the sun’s radiation
- Pore strips can make your skin more sensitive to the sun
“Moisturize your skin in order to counteract any dryness or sensitivity that can occur after using pore strips.”
Do Pore Strips Really Work?
Pore strips are just one more step in your skincare routine, so are they really worth the trouble?
The short answer is: yes! Because the ingredients in pore strips help remove blackheads and unclog pores, they help target problem areas on your face and clean your skin in general. If you combine the regular use of pore strips with your skincare routine, using products designed for your skin type, you can see clearer and healthier skin.
“Because the ingredients in pore strips help remove blackheads and unclog pores, they help target problem areas on your face and clean your skin in general.”
Using a cleanser designed for cleaning pores as well as a toner with BHAS like salicylic acid can enhance your pores’ appearance, reduce buildup, and reduce blackheads and treat acne, which is a win-win-win.
- Use pore strips within your skincare routine after cleansing and before toning.
- If you have a big event coming up, use pores trips the night before so that your skin can recover.
- Pore strips, when combined with a skincare routine based on your skin type, can keep your skin clean by removing blackheads and absorbing the dirt and oil inside your pores.
- After you remove the strip, remember to make sure you include a moisturizer formulated for your skin type, which will help keep your clean-and-healthy skin balanced.