How To Apply Roll-On Deodorant Like A Pro
Learn how to apply roll-on deodorant and antiperspirant to keep you fresh and smelling great throughout the day!
Finding the best kind of deodorant for you is an essential step in your daily hygiene routine to control body odor. Roll-on deodorant uses a ball-type applicator to spread deodorant or antiperspirant formula over your skin evenly. Applying your favorite roll-on may not be rocket science, but the right techniques can give you amazing results. Learn the best way to apply roll-on deodorant for the most precise and effective way to get the ball rolling.
How To Apply Roll-On Deodorant And Antiperspirant
Putting on roll-on deodorant antiperspirant is like riding a bike. Once you’ve learned the secret, it soon becomes second nature. Follow these tips to make the most of your deodorant:
- Start fresh: For maximum all-day protection, make sure your underarms are clean and dry before applying a roll-on. If your roll-on contains antiperspirant, apply it the night before. Nighttime application gives the antiperspirant time to soak into your skin's sweat ducts and protect you from sweat the next day
- Towel off: Make sure your underarms are completely dry before you apply roll-on deodorant. Your skin's sweat glands can absorb the antiperspirant better when applied to dry skin.
- Shake well: Give your favorite deodorant or antiperspirant a good shake to make sure the active ingredients coat the ball correctly.
- Apply evenly: Swipe the ball back and forth until you’ve covered the surface of your underarm with a thin layer of deodorant. Usually, three or four strokes are just right for great coverage without the risk of white marks.
- Air dry: Give your underarms a few seconds to dry before you slip on a shirt. This extra step helps ensure that the product absorbs correctly. Always give your roll-on deodorant time to dry before you do anything active that may cause you to sweat.
Additional Tips For Applying Roll-On Deodorant
Put On Antiperspirant Deodorant The Night Before
It may seem crazy, but applying antiperspirant at night is a great way to start the next day smelling fresh. Nighttime application is one of our top tips for applying antiperspirant because it gives the formula time to soak into your skin. Also, if you’re in a hurry to get to school or work, you’ll have one less thing to worry about. Applying antiperspirant at night will ensure maximum sweat protection.
Wear The Right Amount Of Deodorant
You may think that you need a thicker layer of deodorant for intense activities, but that’s not usually the case. If you notice that your roll-on is leaving a residue on your clothes, you may be applying too much product. Start with a thin layer, and you can always apply more to find the right balance of protection and comfort.
Stash A Roll-On In Your Bag
It’s easy to fit a roll-on in your purse, backpack, or briefcase, so why not? If you accidentally forget to put on deodorant at home, your emergency stash could save your day from sweat and odor.
Change Your Razor Frequently
Before you assume your deodorant is the cause for irritated underarms, check your razor instead. Blunt or damaged razors can be harsh on sensitive skin, so it’s smart to change them regularly. If you have sensitive armpits, look for an antiperspirant deodorant designed for sensitive skin.
How Roll-On Deodorants And Antiperspirants Work
The Benefits Of Roll-On Deodorant
Roll-on deodorant is an excellent choice to keep you smelling clean and fresh. Using a rolling ball allows for quick and easy application, and you can avoid missing any spots. The compact size of roll-on products also makes them ideal for people who travel a lot.
Roll-on deodorants and antiperspirants have active ingredients that help deliver effective protection all day long. When a roll-on says 24-hour protection, you can believe it. At the same time, they’re convenient to apply because they don’t leave behind a chalky residue or white marks. You can wear your favorite dark clothing without worrying about deodorant transfering to your clothes and leaving white streaks.
If you’re looking for the best invisible roll-on, feast your eyes on Ban®. Consumer statistics prove that Ban® is the #1 roll-on in America*. Our antiperspirant deodorant goes on clear and stays clear, ensuring your underarms have the same attractive freshness even after a long day at the office.
- To apply roll-on deodorant correctly, first, take a shower or wash your underarms with a cleansing cloth. After that, dry your underarms before applying the product.
- Apply roll-on deodorant using three or four back-and-forth motions.
- Let your underarms dry completely before you get dressed or do any activity that may cause you to sweat.
- Carry deodorant with you during the day in case you need to freshen up on the go.