Healthy Pores for Healthy Skin
If you want healthy, attractive skin, you will need to maintain healthy pores. Pores are present all over the body and if they clog, you may start to notice a variety of skin problems. Fortunately, you can prevent this from happening by following a regular pore care routine using Biore products.
Why Are Healthy Pores Important?
The state of your pores determines what your skin will look and feel like. Pores are hair follicle openings, and the average person has around 20,000 pores in their face. The cleaner your pores are, the healthier your skin will be, so it is important to maintain healthy pores. Healthy pores allow sebum (oil) to rise to the surface of the skin and keep it moisturized and smooth.
There are two types of pores: oil and sweat pores. Sweat pores are located all over the skin. These pores are extremely tiny and cannot be easily seen with the naked eye. Overactive sweat pores can cause excessive sweating.
Oil pores, as their name suggests, are connected to an oil gland. These types of pores are located all over the skin, with the exception of the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. Oil pores tend to garner more attention since they are large enough to be seen with the naked eye. When most people refer to blocked pores or pores in general, they are usually referring to oil pores. In order to achieve healthy skin, these pores must be cared for in the right way.
Common Pore Issues
Large Pores: Large pores are more prone to blockages, and pores can take on a larger appearance if they are clogged or if the skin around them begins to weaken. You can prevent your pores from enlarging further by washing your face twice a day. Pores can also appear larger because of acne, increased sebum production, sun damage, and the use of non-comedogenic makeup. To ensure your pores remain small and unclogged, it is important to have a regular pore care regimen.
Clogged pores are often the root of pore issues, and the key to preventing or getting rid of clogged pores is to cleanse consistently and follow a skincare routine.
Clogged Pores: Pores can become clogged rather easily with oil, bacteria, excess dirt, and debris from the environment. By cleansing your skin regularly and applying toner, you can deep clean your pores and prevent blockages.
Open Pores: Pores cannot be opened or closed; they are always open. However, you can improve your appearance by making them less visible. If you notice the skin around your pores is starting to stretch, avoid picking or squeezing. A consistent skincare routine can greatly improve the appearance of pores.
The bottom line? Clogged pores are often the root of pore issues, and the key to preventing or getting rid of clogged pores is to cleanse consistently and follow a skincare routine.
Enlarged and clogged pores can cause a host of skin issues. Fortunately, you can keep your pores and skin healthy by utilizing the following skincare tips:
- Drink Water. You should drink enough water to flush the toxins out of your body and keep your skin clear.
- Maintain Clean Skin. Keep your skin clean and free of dirt buildup, sweat, bacteria, and environmental debris that can clog your pores and result in uneven, dull skin. Ideally, you should cleanse your skin twice a day.
- Follow A Consistent Skincare Routine. Develop a skincare routine that targets oily skin and poor pore health.
- Moisturize Skin Twice Daily. Excessive oil can lead to clogged pores and unhealthy skin. The key to maintaining healthy skin is not to dry your face out. Instead, keep your skin moisturized — this will signal to your skin that it does not need to go into overdrive.
- Avoid Direct Sun Exposure and Heat. Exposure to heat for extended periods can cause your skin to age faster and overproduce oil, which can enlarge your pores.
- Wash Off Your Makeup. Take off your makeup at the end of the day so that it will not block your pores.
- Avoid Touching Your Skin. Dirt and grime from your hands and other body parts can clog the pores on your face.
A Pore Care Regimen
Try following this pore care regimen to keep your skin clear and healthy.
Step 1: Cleanse – Cleanse your skin twice a day. Make sure to cleanse as soon as you can after you sweat to avoid clogging your pores.
Step 2: Pore Strip – Utilize a pore strip to get rid of blackheads and pore buildup. Use strips once a week.
Step 3: Exfoliate – Use an exfoliator at least two to three times weekly. This can help get rid of dirt and dead skin cells that can clog your pores.
Step 4: Tone – Seek out a toner that contains salicylic acid, which can prevent and treat breakouts caused by blocked pores.
Step 5: Moisturize – Keep your skin smooth and moisturized so that it won’t overcompensate by producing excess sebum (oil).
Other things you can do to keep your pores healthy:
- Use a serum to treat specific areas of the skin.
- Apply a face mask to achieve a deeper cleanse. Learn how to properly apply a face mask here.
- Remove all makeup at the end of the day.
- Apply sunscreen each day.
- Healthy pores are the key to healthy skin.
- Blocked or clogged pores are often the root of many pore and skin issues.
- Follow a consistent skincare routine, making sure to cleanse twice a day and moisturize regularly, in order to keep your pores healthy.