Use our tips to prevent dry skin after showering.
Shower Tips for Preventing Dry Skin
Dry skin after taking a shower can be itchy and uncomfortable. However, what you may not know is that it is also highly treatable and preventable. Here are some tips to help you combat dry post-shower skin so it can be a thing of the past—or stay far away if you haven't yet had to deal with its frustrations.
- Keep your showers short. Using lukewarm water instead of hot water can also help your skin stay moisturized and healthy.
- Using a moisturizing body wash with a pH-balanced formula can help you take care of your skin and prevent it from getting rough and dry post-shower.
Shop Softening Body Wash
- If you shave in the shower, make sure to use water as well as a moisturizing shave gel or body wash to achieve your smooth shave. Moisturizing products help you to avoid razor burn and uncomfortable, unsightly dry skin once you leave the shower. Avoid dry shaving at all costs, which is shaving without any water or shaving products. Doing so may leave your skin dry, flaky, and dull for days to come, wasting all of your hard shaving work.
- Apply a wet skin moisturizer immediately after getting out of the shower and before towel drying. Wet skin moisturizers blend with water on your skin to instantly lock in hydration. Try a wet skin moisturizer with coconut oil to replenish moisture and prevent dryness. Use a dime-sized amount on each of your arms and a quarter-sized amount on each of your legs. When you are done, simply dry off with your favorite towel.
- Use a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid after showering. This skincare ingredient is known to help alleviate dry skin and improve skin texture.
- Is your skin prone to sensitivity? If so, it is best to avoid using any harsh cleansers or body exfoliants. These products can make your already vulnerable skin even more likely to get dry and flaky, especially if you are already experiencing issues after the shower. Use a healing moisturizer to gently moisturize and help protect your skin.
- Your dry skin may be caused by certain ingredients in your products. If you have itchy skin as well as dryness, take a look at the ingredient list on your shower products for possible allergens.
- Use a soft towel when you get out of the shower and remember to gently dry your skin each time you step out.
Dry skin can put a damper on your long, luxurious shower. These tips and soothing Jergens products can help you reclaim your healthy-looking and feeling skin while enjoying your "me time." Learn more about Jergens Skincare products and how they can help you achieve luminous, moisturized skin!
- Dry skin after showering is commonly caused by long, hot showers, harsh ingredients in your shower products, and forgetting to moisturize after getting out of the shower.
- Use an oil-infused body wash to gently cleanse your skin in the shower without stripping it of nutrients.
- Apply wet skin moisturizer immediately after getting out of the shower for all-day hydration.
- To achieve a natural-looking tan after showering, use a water-activated self tanning lotion. This unique formula is specially developed to be used immediately after showering and gradually builds natural-looking color.