Tips for Tanning Your Back
Once you are ready to apply self-tanner to your back, there are a few tips and tricks that can make the process much easier. We also have some hacks to make your bronzed back look just as dewy and golden as the rest of your body.
- Clean and Exfoliate Your Back – First, start the process by cleansing your back before applying self-tanner. Then, add an exfoliator to your skincare routine for your back, so you begin with a smooth, healthy layer of skin. Cleaning and exfoliating prior to putting self-tanner on will help your skin hold onto the shade and prevent streaks. Pro tip: choose oil-free products to make the tanner absorb better.
- Avoid Contact or Moisture Post-Tan – After applying self-tanner, steer clear of moisture for several hours. Wait a bit before putting on clothes, and when you do, please wear loose-fitting garments. Let the tan develop to reach your glow’s best potential.
- Grab a Long Wooden Spoon – Reaching your back may take some maneuvering, or you could get some help with everyday household objects. An easy hack to try is to grab a long wooden spoon or a similarly long-handled tool and put a tanning mitt over the end. This makeshift tool with a tanning mitt will give you the extra dexterity you will need to apply your self-tanner evenly and thoroughly on your back. Opt for cling wrap, a sock, or rubber gloves if you do not have a tanning mitt.
- Get a Buddy To Help – If you are still having trouble reaching certain spots on your back, recruit a buddy to help. Ask a friend or a family member in your home to put self-tanner on your back. Show your buddy the proper technique and make sure they cover all parts of your back.
- Use a Self-Tanner With an Added Moisturizer – The type of self-tanner you use can also make the process of tanning your back more manageable. We like using a tanner that has an added moisturizer when we tan our back. A moisturizing tanner can go on smoother and cover those hard-to-reach places.
Shop Sunless Tanner Moisturizer
Get Your Glow
Once you take on the preparation steps, get your skin ready, recruit a friend or find a handy application tool, you are ready to get your glow on.
With a gorgeously tanned back, you can feel confident wearing spaghetti straps, tank tops, strapless dresses, and other summery looks. Or, you can show off your golden skin in your favorite bikini at the beach or by the pool. Good luck with your application, and do not give up if it is a little tricky. A tanned back takes some trial and error.
Good luck with your application, and do not give up if it is a little tricky. A tanned back takes some trial and error.
The team at Jergens skincare is here to help you get sun-kissed, gorgeous skin. With our sunless tanning product lines, you can safely get your sunless glow and avoid damaging your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays. We can also help you get the perfect bronzed look for each part of your body, including the hard-to-reach back. Once you master the technique of tanning your back, make sure you follow our self tanning tips for maintaining your look after using self-tanner.